Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Healthy Chocolate Fix!

I just made this recipe for the first time!  While it's certainly not as decadent as a traditional recipe, it will do the trick.  Of course, my currently baking batch is full of semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, so that probably ups the rich factor.  Also, I'm considering making it with butter one time too and seeing if that makes it a tad more decadent.  But really, using black beans instead of flour not only makes it gluten-free, but makes it chock full of protein, fiber, and  nutrients! (I wonder if this means it's ok to eat the whole pan?)


Black Bean Brownies

1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (I used 2 cups of black beans I had prepared myself)
3 eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder (this could easily be upped)
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

No comments: