Wednesday, December 19, 2007

HI


Sooooo....welcome to my blog. Just thought I'd make a first post to get it started...LOL. I'm hoping this will come in handy for family and friends to keep in touch with what we're up to.

The kids and I made candles from natural beeswax yesterday...that was pretty cool! The kids seemed pretty enthralled with the process...I don't think they ever thought of someone making candles before. It seems so much comes from stores these days, they don't know anyone makes anything LOL!!! At any rate, we melted the wax on the stove, then dipped the wicks over and over until we had a decent width candle. They loved it. I think we'll even use some to light the bedroom for the birth of the new baby.

5 comments:

LA said...

Amy,
I love the "old tradition" that you are sharing with Mickade and Lilli. Very neat! LA

Rich said...

I think you should save the wax for Steve and definitely use it in the bathroom.

By the way if you need a residential mortgage in any state call me: 781-910-8280.

TARA said...

Amy, I love it!! Can't wait to read more about the Atchley's. I am so glad you have this now. I need to start one of my own soon too. :) I know you are not leaving until next year but...we are going to miss you all so much. Hugs, Tara & Gia

Shakira said...

WooHoo for blogs. I'm thrilled you started one. I also love the guy pimpin his job in your comments. CLASSIC!
LIOB

dymonddebb said...

Dear Mickade and Lillian,
Every Christmas Eve your Mom and everyone in the family were able to open one gift. That gift was always pajamas.Traditions are great. Traditions to me is what family is about. We start them and pass them along to next generation and hopefully they pass that along to the next. Now, Amy has started an new one which is making homemade beeswax candles for the holidays.

Uncle David said we should keep them and use them on Mickade's and Liilian's 11 th birthdays. What a great idea! He had me put them away for that day. I just need all of your help to remind me:}

Wishing you all a happy and healthy years ahead.

Love, Amy's Mom